Press Conference: Blind Woman Refused Vital Rehabilitation Services because of her Immigration Status in Coderre’s Sanctuary City
Location: Maison Parent-Roback, 110 Rue Sainte-Thérèse, Montréal, QC H2Y 1E6, Ground Floor.
– Marcia, active member of the Non-Status Women’s Collective of Montreal
– Nazila Bettache, physician and community organizer
– Viviana Medina, community organizer with Women of Diverse Origins
– Abdelkader Belaouni, MAB MacKay service user and community organizer with the Immigrant Workers Centre
– Rosalind Wong, community organizer with Solidarity Across Borders
Friends of Marcia (Solidarity Across Borders)
– Montreal’s Sanctuary City Declaration : https://mairedemontreal.ca/montreal-ville-sanctuaire
– Community Advisory by Solidarity Across Borders about Coderre’s Sanctuary City Declaration: www.solidarityacrossborders.org/en/community-alert-montreal-is-not-a-sanctuary-city
– Montreal Association for the Blind: www.mabmackay.ca
* An alternate name is being used for her safety.